Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Musing - Taste

My daughter and I had a 'Girls Day Out' lunch together today, and on our way back, with my cup of {very strong} coffee in hand, I suddenly remarked... "OK, random thought...
Only God can make a taste!"  I know that seems obvious, but as I thought about it I was more and more intrigued.  While man can add flavoring or create something that tastes "like" something else, man cannot put the taste into a food or object.  A person may not like the taste of an orange, but an orange always tastes like an orange, not like a pineapple or like spaghetti sauce.  Further musing brought the verse to mind... "O taste and see that the Lord is good..."  Just as an orange always tastes like an orange, our God never changes either.  He is ALWAYS good.  We can depend on that.  Here is the entire verse...

Psalm 34:8     O taste and see that the Lord is good.  Blessed is the man that trusteth in Him.

Always the same.  Always good.  Always trustworthy.

Are you trusting in Him today??

--ooOoo--

Here's this week's Happy Monday Prompt...

A taste that I enjoy is...

2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tricia, what a fascinating thought indeed! I love it, and I love the idea of tasting of all that God has given us...it's all good! And we are blessed when we trust in Him...alone! A taste I enjoy is ice cream, one of the few indulgences I can have given my restricted diet. Thanks for sharing another wonderful devotional post! Hugs, sweet friend!

Maggee said...

Not to be a negative Nelly, but I recently heard about GMO foods and I am just sick! Messing with God's creations yet again! Putting my garden into place this weekend!! Hugs!