Saturday, March 12, 2011

Perfect Peace


Do you have "perfect peace"?  I was thinking about this verse as I made this card this morning, and thought - "Well, there are two things I need to do to have perfect peace.  Stay my mind on God and trust in Him."  But then I looked at the verse again and realized that actually when my mind is stayed on God, I *am* trusting Him.  I can't help it.  

Apparently then, if I am not experiencing perfect peace, then my mind is not where it should be, and therefore I am not trusting.  I picture the disciples in their boat the middle of the sea when the storm arose.  Jesus was sleeping.  He had perfect peace.  But the disciples were *terrified* and woke Him up.  Remember what He said to them?  "Why are you so fearful?  How is it that ye have no faith?"  They would have *said* that they "trusted God".  Of course they did!  They were Jesus' followers!  But their mind wasn't stayed on Him.  It was on the waves and the wind and the fact that their boat was filling up with water.  They had *no* faith -- they weren't trusting.

Every day our own little boats are going to face small waves, a few gusts of wind, and the splash of the sea mist as we deal with the problems that life brings.  We may even find ourselves wet through once or twice.  Let's practice staying our mind on Him each day as we face our small trials so that we can respond to those around us in perfect peace.   Then, when the winds truly do roar, the waves of trouble crash about us, and we feel as though all hope is lost, we will not have to "run to Him", because our minds will already be there.  Stayed on Him.  Trained to trust.   And in perfect peace.

2 comments:

Time-To-Share said...

Thanks for sharing this - it is so true. This is such a lovely verse and a beautiful card. God bless. Luv Trish x

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

I like the idea of begin "trained to trust"...the more we do it, the more naturally it will come.

Your cards are beautiful!