Saturday, January 21, 2012

Crafting and Christmas

Hello friends!

One of my goals for this year is to think ahead a little and make as many Christmas gifts as I can throughout the year, rather than waiting until the last minute.  Here are a few things on my list... stamping an assortment of cards, making scrap quilts and tablerunners, and cross stitching ornaments and bookmarks.  Many of us have drawers and boxes of crafting supplies, wouldn't it be fun to make a point to use them this year to bless others?

Here are some more ideas...

Crochet - Blankets, scarves, hats
Knit - Dishcloths, blankets, shawls, sweaters, hats, socks
Scrapbook - Make a 10 reasons I love you Scrapbook, or put together a kit from your supplies to give to a young girl.
Word Processing - Type out a number of your favorite recipes and give it with a new dishtowel or two.
Playing an Instrument - Use your computer's microphone to make an amateur CD.  Grandma and Grandpa would love it!
Beading - Jewelry, Cell Phone bling
Calligraphy - Print and frame a Bible Verse

Do you have some more ideas?  I'd love to hear them!

Have a blessed week!

Tricia

1 comment:

Glimpses of My Heart said...

wow :) This is exactly what I was thinking after the very busy Christmas of 2011. I was planning to post this idea on my blog around the first of January. I was going to call it "The 12 Months of Christmas". My plan was to make something each month to fill gift baskets for our extended family for Christmas. I still plan to get started, but was in a terrible snowmobile accident on Jan 3. Most of my injuries are healed/healing, although I still have alot of pain in my right wrist and knitting, crocheting, sewing all need that right hand. I hope you accomplish much this year. I will think of you as I begin to pull things together for Christmas 2012. God Bless.
Michelle