Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Walk Worthy

Just some questions that came to my mind this morning as I was reading Colossians 1.  I'm so thankful that we have God's Word to remind and encourage us in our Christian life!

Colossians 1: 10-14

Walk worthy... Does my everyday walk match my spiritual talk?

Please Him... Is this even on my mind when I make decisions?  Would I spend that money, make that comment, cut off the driver in the next lane, or spend my time in that way?

Bear fruit in good works... I have been "created in Christ Jesus unto good works which God has before ordained that I should walk in them" (Eph 2:9).  Is it important to me to order my day so I can be a blessing to others and show them that I am truly a "new creature in Christ" by my actions and reactions??

Increase in your knowledge of God... Do I spend more time with Google search than God's Word?  Do I really want to know His thoughts or would I rather know them only if they match my own?

Be strengthened with His power so you can be patient and suffer long with joyfulness...  Am I patient?  Am I joyful when I am suffering?  I would rather have His power to accomplish great works immediately or be delivered from whatever is bothering me, but joy in suffering and patience display His power (His strength is made perfect in my weakness) and please Him!

Always give thanks to the Father for deliverance from sin through Christ's sacrifice and for accepting us into the kingdom of His Son...   This is more important than any outward circumstances!  But how often do I spend time complaining about petty matters rather than giving thanks for all that has been done for me!!

How is my walk today??


Blessings!

Tricia

No comments: