Monday, May 14, 2012

Gung Ho!

Happy Monday afternoon, everyone!

A little bee must have flown into my bonnet this morning, because I was inspired to set aside my list for today and clean the garage instead! : )  It was the perfect day for it - warm and sunny.  Happy garage cleaning weather, indeed.  I didn't get to every last corner before wearing out, but the shelves are straightened, at least one layer of dust and dryer lint is removed (our dryer vents into the garage, which is a challenge!), and our trash bins are quite full. : )  It was a good day's work, and to celebrate, my daughter and I split a Cherry-Berry Cooler from McDonalds, which seems to just be crushed ice and 100% fruit juice.  It was fantastic, and a half was plenty.   I unearthed a jumprope while cleaning and I left it where I can find it.  With as sore as I am becoming, it is apparent that I need to work on strengthening some muscles!!

This past week a dear friend that I met through blogging went Home to Heaven after a nine month journey with brain cancer.  What a precious, precious testimony she shared while she was able.  She was trusting and patient and suffered with joyfulness.  She continued to think of others through her illness and pointed them to the Saviour again and again.  When her husband posted last week that she had entered eternity I had tears in my eye, but such joy in my heart.   It made me think of the verses I have been memorizing in Colossians ... "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son: in Whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins."  Janelle graduated to Glory, from darkness to light.  What a precious privilege it is to have received Christ's forgiveness!

Who are you thankful for today?  Is there someone that has really shown you Christ in their attitudes and actions as well as in their words?  Have you let them know?

Here's a Happy Monday prompt for today...

I am thankful for __________, because he/she is....


Have a blessed week!

Tricia

No comments: