Monday, July 2, 2012

In the Shadow of His Wings

It has been a week here!  My mom entered the hospital on Thursday after having a major stroke, so I have been spending a lot of time with her.  She is doing very well, praise the Lord!!  In the meantime, my daughter away at college has been sick and lonely, which, of course, makes me sad, too, and then we are picking up my nephew today for a visit, as well.  I.am.tired. but God is faithful.  He doesn't change, even though the circumstances of our life do.  I am in awe as I see His hand in all that has happened this past week!! A verse that God used to encourage me last night was Ps 63:7... "Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice."  It is good to be in the shadow of His wings, because we are close to His heart... even though to be in the shadow means something is blocking the sunshine right now.  I am so thankful for His help and blessing!!

Here is a happy Monday prompt for you today...

A person that has been a blessing in my life is...


Blessings!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hi, I read your stitching blog and saw today's post about your mom's stroke. I clicked on your profile and found this blog. Just want to let you know that your mom is on my prayer list and I will be praying for her. Also praying for you that you will be able to juggle everything and still have some time to rest and refresh yourself.