Monday, August 6, 2012

A New Tab

I have started a new section in my planner - the tab doesn't even have a category name on it yet.  I think perhaps I'll call it "Encouragement" but perhaps a better title might be "Strength".  Behind the tab I have 5 or 10 pages of Bible passages, hymns and quotes that I can read when I am weary in the race that is currently set before me.  One of the days in the hospital, when my Mom was sleeping, I sat and simply wrote verse after verse that the Lord brought to mind.  Many times it was only a snippet of a verse, but I wrote whatever came to mind.  Reading it over, it seems that the verses are divided into sections and each section starts with a command of or statement about God, and then the following verses seem to be a response to the command.  For example...

(The Command..).
"Call unto Me, and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not."

(A Biblical Response...)
"Strengthen Thou me according to Thy word.  Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation.  For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.  The Lord is my strength and my song, and He hath become my salvation."

It has been so encouraging to me to read these verses over and over again!  It is so easy to let our responses to difficulty mimic those of the world - anger, frustration, despair.  But, remember, they have no hope!  Let's not forget to look at things Biblically and strengthen ourselves in the Lord.  Only there will we find a peace that passes understanding.  And it is a *good* place to be.

Here's a Happy Monday prompt for today...
The verse or hymn that the Lord is bringing to my mind right now is...

Blessings!

Tricia

No comments: