Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy Monday!

Some of my favorite verses (although I have a lot of them!) can be found in Galatians 5:22-23.  "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance:  against such there is no law."  I find these verses so challenging!  I try to walk in the Spirit each day so my heart will be softened and this fruit can grow in me, but how should I be going about it??  I was thinking about it again yesterday, and I had an "A-HA!" moment.  You know - one of those things that are very obvious, but you just never thought of it that way before?  Besides growing fruit, what else do we do with it??  We *eat* it, of course!  Do you remember the little saying, "You are what you eat"?  If we eat what is healthy, we will in turn be healthier.  If we eat food that is rotten, we will be unwell.  How is it then, that we attempt to walk in the Spirit, by feeding ourselves on things of the flesh?  Have you ever read Galatians 5:19-21?  How convicting!  How many of those things are we "immune" to in today's society?  We see those themes played out over and over again on the news, on TV shows, in music, in books, in video games, until we don't even realize that they are sin.  Think about all of the things we listen to, read and talk about in a day.  How about our children?  Does each thing that we allow into our lives encourage us to love God, practice the joy of the Lord, and display the peace that passes understanding?  Do they encourage us to suffer long and remain kind?  To be gentle, good and faithful?  To stop trying to make it "all about me" and to be moderate in our behavior - not even given to mood swings?? : )  Let's begin today to start to feast on the fruit of the Spirit, rather than settling for the husks that the world offers!!

Here's today's Happy Monday prompt...
My favorite fruit is...

Have a blessed week!

Tricia

No comments: