Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Joy of the Lord


Yesterday was truly orchestrated by the Lord.  In my morning reading a comment by Oswald Chambers brought to mind the verse, "the joy of the Lord is your strength.", but the Lord impressed on my mind the fact that "the joy of the Lord" wasn't something I needed to HAVE in order to be strong, but rather that as I GAVE the Lord joy by doing what He asked me to do, He would provide the strength I needed.  It encouraged me as I headed up to my Mom's because I knew that seeing her yesterday was what the Lord would have me do, but I really didn't know what I was going to do with her for our little "therapy" session that day.   The Lord kept bringing the verse to mind, though, and it was such a blessing that I even shared it with my daughter who was with me, although I must not have explained it very well, because she said she'd have to think about it to figure out what I meant...  

When we got to my parents' house, Mom had just gotten up and wasn't really doing very well.  My Dad left to run errands and my daughter and I started looking through pictures with Mom, but she wasn't acting right, couldn't concentrate at all... etc.  I got her to the bathroom once using her walker, but I had to help her all the way - practically carry her, which wasn't normal.  She was confused and not breathing right.  The second time we went to the bathroom she could hardly put a foot in front of the other.  I was actually moving her feet for her.  I knew that within minutes she wouldn't be able to walk at all but my Dad wasn't home yet, although it was past his normal time.  The Lord was so good, though!  He allowed him to come in a few minutes later, and together - although her wheelchair is heavy and neither Dad or I are very strong - we were able to get Mom into the wheelchair and then carry it down the stairs and get her into the car.  As we got into the car to follow Dad to the hospital, Kate looked at me and said... "Wow.  The joy of the Lord is your strength.  He definitely gave you that verse!"   Wasn't God good to prepare me like that!

I'll be in and out the next few days as I take "watch duty" at the hospital, so if you don't hear back from me right away, please know that I'm not ignoring you!   Orders are still shipping as usual, but I'll be sure to let you know if something changes.

Sorry to write a novel!  I just wanted to share about our wonderful God!!

Blessings!

Tricia

No comments: