Monday, November 26, 2012

Press On!

I heard a wonderful message yesterday based on Phil 3:12-21.  One of the things that stood out to me is that a true follower of Jesus Christ has a desire built in to him by God to press on toward the goal, rather than stopping to resting on past accomplishments.  I think this can be true even in our home management.  Each new season of our lives brings new challenges as we seek to use our time wisely and manage our homes effectively.  Are you struggling to keep your home in order now that you have toddlers around?  Or having trouble making menu plans that work around your husband's new work schedule?  Perhaps you are learning to adapt to physical limitations after an injury or illness, or are adjusting to an "empty nest."  While it may be discouraging, each new blessing or trial offers us another opportunity to "press on" and continue to glorify Christ each day.  I'm so thankful that God is working in us, molding us, and changing us into His likeness.  Let's keep our eyes on Jesus and press on!

Today's Happy Monday prompt...

An area of my life that I need to "press on" in is...

Blessings!


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yes, I am pressing on toward balancing my homemaking, homeschooling and Isaac's special needs, physio and therapy. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be enough time in the day but each day we are doing a little better...