Monday, December 17, 2012

Sufficiency

Hello Friends!

Thank you all for being such a blessing to me this year!  These next few weeks will be busy at my house with Christmas and New Year's and friends and family, so if you don't hear from me for a few weeks, that will be why!  Of course, if you have ANY problems with the website during that time be sure to email me and let me know.  I'll try to answer as soon as I'm able!

Here is your Happy Monday prompt for this week...
Something that I especially look forward to during the Christmas season is...

And one for the next week, too...
Next year I plan to...

Have you ever done a word study in the Bible?  I used to do them often when I was teaching Ladies' Sunday School, but lately I have spent more time just reading through the Bible and memorizing.  This morning, though, since I finished my Bible Reading Journal last week. (which I just noticed is not on the new website in the full size, yet... I'll work on fixing that!) ... ANYWAY... I had made myself a note a few weeks back to do a word study on the word "sufficient" so today was the day!  I must say that I learned so much, and it was such a precious encouragement to me right where I am in my life right now.  I love to write poetry, and this morning what I learned seemed to bubble over into a poem...


Like an overflowing fountain,
Comes the grace of God to me.
Filling me with grateful praises,
Fueling liberality.

As His gracious goodness fills me,
To the brim and then some more,
He equips me for tomorrow, 
For each day He holds in store.

Competent for every trial,
Grateful and content I’ll be.
As I’m filled to overflowing,
All will be of Him, not me.

In myself, I’m not sufficient.
Weak and helpless and alone.
But my Father, ever faithful,
Helps the ones He calls His own.

His the glory overwhelming,
Mine the joy of trusting Him.
He sufficient.  Me? Content,
To find my all in all in Him. 

Fill me then, Lord Jesus, fill me.
May your grace so pure and true,
Satiate my weary spirit, 
That I overflow with You.

May each of our hearts overflow with His goodness this Christmas!!

Blessings!
Tricia







1 comment:

Grace Mieczkowski said...

Tricia, that is SO beautiful! What a blessed truth, that it is all of Him.

Thank you for shining His light!
Grace