Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tasty Tuesday!

Hello, hello!

A few weeks ago I had mentioned that I made some Gluten Free scones on Make Ahead Monday, and one of you dear ladies asked for the recipe.  I thought it would made a good Tasty Tuesday post, since I missed Happy Monday! :)

Here you go!




GLUTEN FREE BLUEBERRY SCONES

Combine with pastry cutter:
1 c. Gluten Free Pantry Pie and Pastry Flour
2-3 tsp Imperial margarine (not softened)
1 tsp baking powder
⅛ tsp salt

Add:
¼ c. Half n Half
2 T honey
1 egg

Mix.  Mixture will resemble pie crust dough.
Fold in 1/2 - 3/4 c. frozen blueberries.
Press down into a circle on parchment paper... mine usually ends up being about 1/2" thick.
Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until top and edges begin to brown.

After sampling the wares {grin} I usually put the rest of the pieces in a freezer bag and tuck them away into the freezer for snacks through the week. We are blessed to have a little toaster oven and I warm a piece or two at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes, for "tea-time" in the afternoon... although I have coffee rather than tea! :)

ENJOY!

Here's a Happy Monday prompt for today...
One of my favorite recipes is...

Blessings!


Tricia

1 comment: