Monday, May 20, 2013

Be Where you Are


Sunrise:  Getting my day (and home!) off to a great start 
as I begin my week.

Good morning, ladies!  Are you ready to start a new week?  As I was doing some planning last night and looking forward to the week ahead, I found myself thinking about some of the ongoing ... ummm ... pressure points ☺ in my life and wishing them away.  But then the Lord began working on my heart...

"All things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to His purpose..."  

God has a plan for me in this.  This is His will for me right now.  All right, Lord, if this is your will for me, then this is exactly the set of circumstances that I want.

"If this is My will?"

Isn't it amazing how the Lord cuts right through to the heart in His dealing with us?
I realized immediately that by saying "if this is your will" that I was really saying, quite virtuously, I might add, "Well, I guess You probably know better than me, so I'm going to be ok with it, and maybe You'll change it soon because I learned my lesson."  But what if He chooses NOT to change it?  Do I still believe His Word?  Do I still believe that He is doing something good when the circumstances don't change around me?  I was convicted and humbled and my prayer was changed to...

Since this is your will for me right now, then this is exactly where I want to be.  Help me to embrace Your plan for my life this week.

THE CHALLENGE...

"Be where you are" this week!  Don't spend the time wishing for circumstances to be different.  What if they DID change overnight?  Would you have reason to be ashamed of your lack of trust, your attitudes and your actions?  Realize that right where you are is right where God wants you to serve and glorify Him today, and then act upon that belief with a joyful heart.

Blessings!

Tricia



1 comment:

Joy said...

Hello, This is Joy from the 28 Day challenge. I am always amazed at the messages that God brings into my life. Your passage is exactly what I needed. I have a few "issues" I have been praying for God to change and realize that I am not praying for His plan, but for mine. Thank you and Blessings.