Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day



Sunrise:  Getting my day (and home!) off to a great start 
as I begin my week.

Happy Memorial Day!

I've been enjoying the warmth of the Spring sunshine as it bathes my living room each morning.  There is something so cheerful and uplifting about sunlight, wouldn't you agree?   I find it so much easier to get up in the morning, keep my house picked up and do special things for others when my house is flooded with warmth and light.  It's just... happier somehow!  Just as sunshine can warm our physical bodies, Christ - who is our light - can flood our souls, making it easier - happier - for those around us to function and bless others.  Many of us will have family around today, which may or may not be something that you are looking forward to.  Here's a CHALLENGE...

As things happen today, check your personal "Sunshine Meter".  On a scale of Summer to Winter - where would your attitude fall??  Will it be as Christ-honoring when the dog eats the steaks you set on the table as when someone is praising you for your scrumptious Strawberry Pie?  Will you freeze someone with a cold remark, or warm their heart as Christ's love overflows into your words and actions?  May we each be a ray of sunshine in another's life today!!

No comments: