Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Generations


Ruth:  Being faithful in gleaning wherever God leads me.

Ruth 4:21, 22
21 And Salmon begat Boaz, and Boaz begat Obed,
22 And Obed begat Jesse, and Jesse begat David.

I remember how overwhelmed I was the first time I held my daughter in the hospital.  The responsibility was almost suffocating.  Not just of her physical needs, but how was I going to raise her to love the Lord with all of her heart and soul and mind and strength?  What should I say?  How should I act?  What did I need to do to bring her to trust and love the Lord to keep her from "making a profession of faith" as a child and then turning from Him later?  Of course, the responsibility was shared with my husband, but I was the one who would be with her constantly.  I was the one whose tone of voice she would copy, whose actions she would mimic, whose "realness" she would  be able to determine.  Where was I to begin?

The verses in Ruth encouraged me then and will continue to encourage me, I'm sure, if I ever have grandchildren and great-grandchildren.  Ruth was David's great-grandmother. Even though she had just recently taken refuge under the shadow of the wings of the Almighty, God placed her in the line of David and ultimately in the line of Christ, himself.

Wow.

   God's plan for my children will not fail, even if  when I am not perfect.

TODAY's CHALLENGE

Take heart, dear friends, on those days when all goes wrong.  When that edge of nastiness creeps into your voice.  When you don't respond correctly.  When you want to just. give. up.

Remember your purpose.
Repent. Make it right with God.
Restore the relationship.  
Start Again.

May God bless you today as you Plan to be a Blessing!

Tricia




No comments: