Friday, June 7, 2013

Praise for the Present


Good morning, friends, and Happy Friday!!

It is our morning with Anna - our example of praise - and it made me think of the different people that I know and have read of that had such a beautiful testimony of praise even in the face of serious illnesses like cancer.  I started to muse on it for a bit and the question came to mind...

I wonder how I would respond to a test like that?  

I thought through all I know about God.  I thought about the blog posts I would write.  I thought about the deep spiritual truths I would impart.  And then I looked around and realized that I hadn't even done the dishes yet and there was laundry to do and a blog post to write and orders to send.  Sigh.  How mundane!  How ordinary!

I'm afraid that it's much more exhilarating to dream about future Christ-likeness than it is to practice it in the little things that make up day to day living.  But if I long to someday glorify Him in a large trial, the place I need to start is here.  Now.

Each daily task, each interruption, each annoyance, each frustration, each good thing and each hard-to-see-as-good thing, are practice tests in the schoolroom of life, teaching us new skills as we advance in maturity.  What is on your practice test today?  Are you responding with trust and obedience and praise?

Today's Challenge:

In Isaiah 28:9a, 10 we read...
Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? ...
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Let's be an Anna today, spending our entire lives learning of Him, loving Him, seeking Him, trusting Him and praising Him.  Content to learn just a little more each day in the School of God so when we enter His night school of trials we will know both the Teacher and the material well.

Continue On!!

No comments: