Monday, June 10, 2013

Scatter Sunshine



Sunrise:  Getting my day (and home!) off to a great start 
as I begin my week.

Good morning, friends!  Are you ready to begin another week?

One of the sections of the Beautiful Life Manager pages says "Brightening, not Perfecting".  Isn't that a wonderful thought?  Each day we can scatter a little sunshine in our home just by doing the little things that brighten it and make it a comfortable, inviting place to live.

Sometimes I need to be reminded of that because I tend to push off little jobs because they aren't important.  Hence, I'll have little piles of little jobs scattered here and there around the house.  A card here that I need to write and send, a pile here that needs a file folder made... but the folder is downstairs and I need to get it, a cross stitch project that needs half an hour's attention to send out in an exchange, a few stamps that need a home, etc., etc.  Because they are little jobs that can be done "whenever" and aren't pressing on my immediate attention, I almost feel guilty when I work on them, but those "small things" are often the ones that really brighten our homes.  

OUR CHALLENGE:

I'm going to challenge myself this week to see working on the small things as a way to scatter sunshine in my home.  In fact, I think today will be a "sunshine day" that is devoted to finishing up projects, working on small tasks and straightening small areas.  

I'm off to light a candle, put on some pretty music and get started.  Feel free to join me!! 

Blessings!

Tricia

No comments: