Monday, July 22, 2013

The Fragrance of Christ - Part II

Good morning, friends!

We had a fairly intense storm here last night, complete with hail, wind, and rain.  It was so nice to go out with the dogs afterward and drink in that "freshly washed" fragrance that comes after a summer rain.  Have you ever thought about how gracious God is to make smells available to everyone?  

A fragrance isn't exclusive.

It's interesting how the same smell may trigger different emotions in different people.  My husband is a mechanic, so when I smell engine grease - which I can't exactly classify as a pleasant smell! - I think of him, and it makes me smile.  Another person would probably turn up their nose at the same smell, and rightly so!

How about the fragrance of Christ in our life?  As we strive to present to God the fragrance of Christ, that fragrance will not be exclusive either.  Others will notice.  Let's see what II Corinthians 2:15, 16 say about the reaction others will have...

2 Corinthians 2:15-16 15

For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life...?

Just like I might be drawn in by the smell of french fries because I am hungry, and my daughter would feel sick because the soy oil that the fries are cooked in is dangerous to her health, so, too, there will be opposite reactions when others see Christ in our lives.   Some will be drawn to Him when they notice His fragrance in our lives, realizing that they are hungry for His salvation, and others will be repulsed by the same fragrance, not wanting to risk the death to their self that following Christ demands.

Isn't it a privilege to carry that fragrance with us??  Next week I'll talk a little about what that fragrance looks like (smells like??) in our lives.  I wonder if you'll be as convicted as I was when I was studying it!!

Have a blessed week!

Tricia

A Happy Monday prompt for this week...

Outside my window I see...




No comments: