Monday, July 15, 2013

The Fragrance of Christ

One of my favorite things to do when I am out walking with my Mom is to stop her wheelchair and just have her concentrate on using her senses.  Since her vision is limited I might stop by a house with a pond and have her listen for the falling of the water, or stop by a tree in full bloom and have her smell the flowers.  I know that the flowers especially bring back memories, as she always loved working in her flower beds before her stroke.

Smells bring all sorts of memories to mind, don't they?  I smell bread baking and think of home and Mom's wonderful rolls.  When I smell my husband's cologne I am transported back to being a newlywed again.  And when I smell the fishy smell of a river after the rain, I remember walks I took with my big brother when I was just a little girl.

A fragrance reminds us of someone or something.

"Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; and walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savor."  Ephesians 5: 1, 2

Just as Christ's sacrifice was a sweet fragrance to the Father, we can remind Him of Christ as we also walk in love as Christ did.  Can you imagine?  What a privilege to remind the Father of the Son!

"...for we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ..."  II Corinthians 2: 15a

Isn't that a precious thought for this Monday morning?  That by doing that which brings us true joy -- loving and following and obeying God -- we can remind Him of Christ's sacrifice and bring Him joy as well.   Let's give Him all the glory today!!!

Blessings!

Tricia

Today's Happy Monday prompt...
My favorite summer smell is...

No comments: