Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday Musing - Lessons from a Leader

Hello dear friends!

As you look ahead to the beginning of school, or even just the beginning of another day with your precious children, I'd like to share a verse that has been a blessing to me over the past many years.  It's found in the book of Deuteronomy as God is talking to Moses about the one that will lead the Israelites after him.  Here it is in the King James...

But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which thou shalt see.  Deuteronomy 3:28

God knew the immensity of the task that Joshua was going to face in his lifetime.  He knew about his fears and human weaknesses.  And he gave Moses a way to prepare him for what lay ahead.  Isn't that what we long for as mothers??  A way to prepare our children to stand strong for Christ as they face whatever the future may bring?  The New King James Version uses these three words...

COMMAND--ooOoo--ENCOURAGE--ooOoo--STRENGTHEN

Our task then is to command them, so they will learn to obey, but also to encourage them when we see that they're disheartened, so that they will learn to keep striving, and then to strengthen them when they're struggling, so they will learn to stand fast.

And a precious thing??  My Father does that for me as well.  He too, commands me, and then He encourages me with grace upon grace as I seek to obey Him, and strengthens me when I am about to fall.  

"O, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!  For His mercy endureth forever!!

Have a blessed week in the Lord!

Tricia

Your silly Happy Monday prompt for today...   :)

I (like or don't like) the smell of sharpened pencils because...

No comments: