Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday Musing - Thou Art Near

"Thou art near, O Lord, and all thy commandments are truth."
Psalm 119:151

Christmas is always a busy time of year.  There are presents to buy, cookies to bake, songs to practice, parties and concerts to attend, trees to decorate and on and on the list goes.  And then, sometimes, your world just stops and the bustle and shopping and hype of the season don't seem to matter anymore, and the only thing that is important is that God is near, and He is true.  And you are thankful for Christmas not because of its joy and beauty and fun, but because of the Saviour that was born, who would take on Himself our sins and offer to clothe us with His righteousness, making us fit to stand before Him through all eternity.

It has been one of those weeks here.  I have walked alongside my Dad as hospice care has been called in for my Mom; been there to help he and the nurse when Mom became unresponsive; watched him make the hard decision that it was time she stay in bed; and  prayed for him as he begins to realize that she probably won't get out of it again.  I am amazed to see how the Lord has orchestrated every minute detail of the week so perfectly, and placed just the right people in our lives at the very moments we have needed them... How God has given me moments of an outpouring of love from others that have taken my breath away and made me cry tears of joy rather than sadness... And how He has enforced some quiet time for me (like a snowstorm!) so I have been able to rest.   He is so close and He is SO gracious and Christmas - even if Mom goes Home in the next few weeks - will continue to be beautiful.  What a precious gift.

I don't know how long she will hold on.  At times she seems perfectly stable and, at other times, eternity seems imminent.  So if shipping is slow, or I don't answer your emails right away over the next few weeks, thank you for giving me grace.

May you be blessed this week as you seek to be a blessing.

Tricia

Your Happy Monday Prompt for this week...
The Lord encouraged me in a special way this week.  He...

1 comment:

MS said...

His “Grace’ really does work. I am very thankful that He led me to you and Handfuls on Purpose.

A picture of beauty and what we ladies were truly meant to be homemakers: keepers of the home, our families, and especially our Lord.

May God Richly Bless you and your family, which have been such a blessing to me and many others each week, month, and year. Our prayers and encouragement are with you always, Amen.