Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy Monday - Morning Melodies

Image from http://littlebirdieblessings.blogspot.com


Good morning, friends!

It's almost halfway through the month and I am still on track with my dishes every night.  YAY!  I almost didn't do them last night.  By the time we got home from church and ate it was later and I was tired.  But I knew I needed to check in with you all today, so, after I loaded and started the dishwasher, I filled up my sink with nice warm, soapy water to wash the few dishes still left on the counter.  And a funny thing happened.  I found myself actually enjoying it and looking forward to leaving my sink and counters clean and shiny to greet me in the morning. : )  What a blessing!

Speaking of mornings, are yours running smoothly as you get back into the routine of work and school after Christmas?  Our Beautiful Life Management and Home Journal pages have a list of First Things First or Daily Blessings to help us remember all the little things that help our day run smoothly.  Things like making our beds, having our quiet time, checking our list for the day, etc.  This year, though, I personally felt like I needed a little more help.  For example, I often will put in a load of laundry in the morning, but, now that my laundry room is in the basement, I often forget to transfer the load to the dryer until late in the day.  Unfortunately, that can cause problems if I needed to do two or three loads that day!  I decided that I needed to make myself a list of prompts, but "Morning Routine" or "Things to Do Everyday" sounded sort of unappealing, so I chose to give my lists musical names.  I think that is partly because I'd been reading about the singers in the temple who used their music to praise God morning and evening and even in between.  So...  I made a list of Morning Melodies, Afternoon Anthems, and Evening Etudes and put them in the front of my notebook.

My Morning Melodies are basically the "First Things First" from the BLM pages with a few extras like Empty Dishwasher, Feed Dogs, Light a Candle, Do 15 minutes of Cross Stitch, Start the Laundry, and Drink Water...

My Afternoon Anthems remind me to Transfer the Laundry, Plan Supper, and Lay out Clothes for Tomorrow, as well as another 15 Minutes of Cross Stitch...

And the Evening Etudes help me prepare for the next day.  I check the laundry and fold the last load; I clean up the few dishes and wipe out the sink; I write down my expenditures for the day (another thing I'm really trying to work on this year!); I write a two or three sentence entry about the day in my journal; I read a few verses, brush my teeth and head for bed.

How is your day orchestrated?  Perhaps it would be a blessing to take a few minutes and write your own daily song of praise to the Lord!!

Here's today's Happy Monday prompt...
Something I enjoy that I do every day is...

Blessings!

Tricia

No comments: