Monday, February 3, 2014

A New Month

Greetings!

Isn't hard to realize that an entire month has come and gone in this new year?  Have you been working on a new habit this year, like I have?  I think that I have only missed doing my dishes at night four or five times this month, which has to be a record for me! I don't feel like I have it quite nailed down yet, but it's close!

Another thing that I've worked on for the past month is a household account book.  I have written done any money that has come in or gone out of any of our personal accounts... household, paypal, cash, credit -- Every evening I sit down and write out what I spent and why.  It has been quite revealing.  I think there was only one day last month that I didn't have anything to write down, even if it was only $2.00 change from the change jar to have a cup of coffee with a friend.

I've been really thankful that I have everything written down for a few reasons.  First, it helps me realize how easy it is to overspend.  When I see my cash balance dwindling in writing it keeps me more conscious of my spending.  It has also helped me when I look at my bank statement and I can't remember at all who the check was from that I deposited, or why I transferred money.  I can just look at that date in my book and find it out.  And, I can also keep track of money spent on crafts or dining out or extra shopping by highlighting them during the month.  I think I'd like to make a little month by month list of totals.  It would be interesting!

So what next step shall I add this month?  I think it will be drinking more water.  It is so good for me and I tend to forget about it.  I'm going to start easy, so I think my first goal will be 32 oz a day ... for a week or so.  I'd love to get it up higher than that, but I also want a goal that is attainable!!

How about you?  Are you working on any helpful habits?  Don't give up!  Let's encourage each other forward as sisters in Christ!!

Blessings!

Tricia

Your Happy Monday prompt for today:  Something I am saving for is...

No comments: