Monday, February 17, 2014

Off Track

Do you ever struggle with getting off track?  I was watching one of the men's Skeleton races during the Olympics and as he pushed his sled forward to start the race he got out of the grooves of the track.  The sled began to slip and he lost all of his focus and momentum, causing him to lose the race.  It was heartbreaking!

Unfortunately, I often find myself like that sledder.  Although the grooves to head me in the right direction are there in the form of good habits and principles of God's Word, I often find myself slipping away from them and losing focus and momentum.

Instead of thankfulness, I choose criticism.
Instead of being a blessing, I wish to be blessed.
Instead of looking ahead and preparing, I find myself late and scrambling.
Instead of contentment, I choose covetousness.
Instead of using what I have been given, I wish to get more.
Instead of continuing on, I find myself longing to change course.

So instead of a virtuous woman, I find myself a virtual woman.

Virtual...  almost or nearly as described, but not completely or according to strict definition.

and it. is. perfectly. meaningless.

I am going to be asking the Lord to show me the places I get off track and ask both His mercy and grace as I continue on.  My heart's desire is to be a Virtuous Woman!  Will you join me?

Have a blessed week!

Tricia

Today's Happy Monday Prompt:
As I look out my window today I see...

1 comment:

Shirlee said...

A beautiful post indeed!