Monday, June 23, 2014

{Happy Monday} Exploring the Valley

Good morning!

I've been thinking a lot about the word "discipline" lately... more specifically about my lack of it in certain areas.  One of the areas I am especially struggling with is eating sugar.  When I don't eat any sugar at all I feel more energetic, happier, less prone to depression, more focused, and the list could go on and on.  But sugar is everywhere, and having eaten it for decades it is hard for me to totally leave it out of my diet without feeling deprived.  I especially struggle we eat out at a restaurant that has gluten free desserts, because it happens so seldom.  I've made lots of good resolutions, and I'll stick to them for awhile, but I just can't seem to keep on track.  To complicate things even more, if I have been off sugar for awhile, I can eat a little without any side effects.  Well, there is one side effect.  Once I've started, I have trouble cutting it totally out again until I start to feel sick.  Enter the "Exploring the Valley" page.  Did you even know we had an Exploring the Valley page?  It's the back of the Mountains of Success page from the Beautiful Life Management system, and probably the one that is used the least... and maybe should be used the most.  Here's mine... (You can click on it to make it larger...)


After going through the page I realized that my issue isn't just that I eat to much sugar and need to stop.  I am truly not governing my self - keeping my body "under" as the Apostle Paul says.  And in not being faithful in this little thing, I am undermining the Spirit's work in my life.

When you flip the page over you come to the Mountains of Success.  A place to record your progress toward the goal you make in number 6 on the Valley page.


I hope it helps you to see the page in use.  I know a number of you have asked how to use it! : )

Here's your Happy Monday prompt for today...
I received (or sent) a letter through the mail this week from (or to)...

Thank you for stopping by!

Tricia

No comments: