Tuesday, June 17, 2014

{Happy Tuesday!} Road Construction

Happy Monday, Tuesday!! :)

It must officially be summer here.  We had our first big summer storm last night, complete with large branches down all over the yard and various power outages around town, and road construction has begun!  The sound of crunching pavement and beeping trucks will be our constant companion for the next few months as the city reconstructs a major intersection near us that is in need of a makeover.

I remember the last time that road was repaired... and it really doesn't seem that long ago.  But when the scheduled road construction was announced, I started to notice the fading paint, cracked pavement, potholes, and dangerous traffic patterns that had developed.

Isn't it funny how much our lives can be like that road?

We look back on a big decision in our lives - a spiritual one, or even just a practical one -- and think, "I'm doing ok.  Look what I've learned... what I've done... what I've given... where I've been..." and we don't realize that our paint is fading, our pavement is cracked, our lives are strewn with the potholes of neglect, and we've developed dangerous traffic patterns by not keeping up with our good intentions.

I think it is time for some "road construction" in my life.  How about you?

--ooOoo--

Your Happy Monday (or Tuesday!) prompt for this week...

God is working on my life right now in this area...

1 comment:

Christine said...

He is working on me in the realization of the thorn in my flesh and how He wants to use it in my life to shape me, mold me, and bring Him glory. He is going to give me the strength I need to make the changes in my life that will bring Him the glory that He deserves. I need to remember that I can't do it on my own and I don't have to try to.