Monday, October 27, 2014

{Happy Monday} Traditions

Good morning!

I have been hard at work cross-stitching a Christmas stocking while watching the autumn leaves swirl in the backyard.  It is hard to believe that winter and Thanksgiving and Christmas are fast approaching!  I was thinking about traditions the other day as I was stitching and wondering what would be different in our celebrations this year with my Mom gone and my children all grown up .  What traditions will I keep that Mom always did?  What will be my children's favorite memories as they start their own homes?  Which traditions will they want me to continue and which will they want to do on their own?   Christmas Stockings will be one tradition that I want to continue.  We've always opened them early Christmas morning, sitting around the tree... a tradition I brought from my childhood.  I hope that my children will carry that on as they get married and have children of their own.  Hence my cross stitching more stockings! : )

What traditions do you have in your home?  What did you most enjoy growing up?  The thoughts of holiday family dinners with my Mom bringing in food from the kitchen, all dressed up with an apron over her pretty skirt and blouse will always be one of my favorite memories.  What memories are you (and I!) passing on??

Here's your Happy Monday prompt for today...

" My favorite holiday tradition from my childhood that I have carried on is..."

Blessings!

Tricia

No comments: