Sunday, December 14, 2014

{Monday Musing} Gentle Domesticity

Oh, you dear friends!  Thank you so much for your feedback on my post last week.  Your comments and emails were so sweet and encouraging.  I am so thankful that you all will be walking with me on my journey through this next year!  The day after I posted, I read a post on Jenni's blog  that resonated with me and encouraged my heart.  She said that she was making the theme of her blog next year, "A year of gentle domesticity.... It's all about making a home, wherever you are, with whatever you have, and with the people you care about... ".  Isn't that precious?  That is my goal for next year as well.  She used the words "gentle domesticity", which my heart translates as "peaceful homemaking".  What can I do this year to be a peaceful homemaker?  To make a peaceful home?  Do I need to be more gentle?  To slow down and step back to refocus?  Do I need to remove visual clutter from our living areas?  Do I have areas of hidden clutter in cabinets or drawers ... or in my heart of hearts?  Am I using my time to create a gentle, peaceful home for those I love?

This year I would like to view my time as more than just a list of to do's or a schedule to be filled out and worked through.  I would like to see it as a portfolio of investments  - like the coins that were given by the Master to his servants in the Gospels, to be used and invested until his return. (Matthew 25) I would like to invest my time in loving my husband and my children, increasing in godliness, being a keeper at home, serving others and being a blessing.  Somehow that thought of investing puts some of the mundane things that I do every day in a different light.  Investments bring returns.  If I invest my time in doing dishes with a loving heart toward God and others, the interest earned is precious and eternal.  And on the flip-side, if I invest my time in saying I'm too tired and complaining that I'm ill-used and someone else should be doing it, that interest (or lack of it!) will be eternal as well.  Hmmm....

So, shall we invest together this coming year?  One of the things that I would like to do is work through the Monthly Home Blessings with you.  I'll be posting a few tasks each week, starting at the beginning of January.  In some rooms I'll be right on track while in other rooms I may have to take the entire month just to declutter, but I'd love to have you join me if you'd like!  It would be encouraging to work side by side to make our homes more peaceful and to make good investments that count for eternity.

Have a blessed week!

Tricia

Your Happy Monday prompt this week...
I can invest my time this week in...


No comments: