Good morning, friends! If any of you have purchased the Classic Home Journal Monthly Calendar, you've probably noticed a page at the beginning of each month called "Monthly Reminders". It is SUCH an important page, but it is one I tend to skip over and wish I hadn't, so I thought that this year we would all work on it together. : ) I'll be posting on or about the 25th of each month to remind us, and I'll also be giving a sneak peek of the room or theme of our Monthly Home Blessings for the next month so we can make plans accordingly.
OK. Let's begin!
First let's look at our calendars. Be sure that January's paydays are marked, along with any scheduled appointments or deadlines and special days. Schedule a day on your calendar early in the month to write all of your anniversary or birthday cards and/or wrap presents. Don't wait until the week of, if you can help it! Write a little "M" on the calendar a week or so before the special day, then make a note of the date and the card to mail on your Reminder Sheet. If you get them out on that day you may be early, but if you happen to forget or miss the mail, you'll still have a day or two before you'll be late!! : )
Now look ahead to next month. Are there any special days that you will need to buy or make cards and/or presents? Make a note of them on your Monthly Reminder sheet so you can pick them up this month. You'll have everything all ready when Planning Day rolls around again!
Think ahead for the next three months. Are there any appointments that you could make right now? Haircuts, Pet Grooming, Car Maintenance, Dental visits... even Date Night! Get them on the calendar now!
Next comes our spending and savings goals. Do you need makeup? Does Ted need a new pair of winter boots? Is there a special missionary offering coming up in a few months at church? Is there a sale on an item you have been watching? Make your goals and then track your spending through the month to see how you did!
Finally there are practical Purpose Statement goals...
1. What is your quiet time plan this month? What passages will you read? When? How often? Will you memorize any Scripture? Read a devotional book?
2. Which aspect of your character will you work on this month? Gratefulness? Trust? Replacing anger or irritation with patience and love? What verse could help you?
3. Which relationships will you focus in on this month? Will you make time to have coffee with a friend? Have a date with your husband or a special Mom and I time with a child? How about making a meal for someone or writing a letter to a relative or missionary?
4. How would you like to improve your home this month? Do you need to wash the bathroom walls? Or repaint them? Maybe you need a new throw rug, or to clean out a closet. Or even to remember to take out the recycling on the right day!
5. What projects head your list for the next month? Making a quilt? Trying a new recipe? Researching honeybees? What is the next step in each of those projects?
I'm always amazed at how much more I get done if I write it down. Often I don't complete it all in one day, but if I look over the list regularly I really want to complete them so I can check off the little boxes!! :)
PART II of the post today is a preview of the Monthly Home Blessings for January. We will be working on New Beginnings this month so here are some things you might need...
Birthday and anniversary cards
Stamps for envelopes
Thank you notes
I'll see you back here on New Year's Day for our first challenge!