Monday, January 5, 2015

{Happy Monday} Back to the Routine



I'm taking a deep breath this morning and beginning again from the top of my list...

Up and dressed
Bed made
Laundry Started
Dogs Fed
Hair and Makeup Done
Dogs out
Breakfast and coffee
Quiet Time
Stitch for half an hour
Switch laundry...

You get the picture. Back to the routine.  Routines give structure to our days and a framework for our goals.  That "stitch for half an hour" is a goal of mine this year.  I have a project that needs me to stitch in the daylight and I usually don't sit down to stitch until the evening.  So I've added this little step into the flow of my morning.  A quiet time with the Lord and then a quiet time of stitching.  A time to think, rejoice, listen to sweet music or pray as I begin my day and while it is still somewhat quiet around my house.

Have you thought about how you will be fitting your new goals into your days?  Can you glean a few minutes here and there from your computer time and use it more productively?  Mark out a block of time on your calendar?  Or even set a reminder alarm on your phone?  Be sure to write down your new aspiration and read over it every day.  I think part of the reason I don't meet many of my goals is that I simply forget about them!  Perhaps you'll even want to tell a friend what you plan to do and why so they can encourage you to keep going when you want to give up.  My daughter is a great helper in that way.  I've made a goal to stay away from sugar for the next two weeks, to break the holiday "I can have a little" that turned into "I can't stop"! If I make it for two weeks without any sugar, I can have dessert when my husband and I go out on a special date.  So now, when I am wavering  and wishing for chocolate, all she has to say is... "The dessert will be worth it!" and I remember why I'm doing what I'm doing and I can carry on.  Do you have someone like that in your life?  If not, try using a chart like our Mountains of Success pages to chart your progress, or cross days off on the calendar that you met your goal.  A small reward at intervals can be nice, too.  After my dessert (smile!!), I'll set my next "no sugar" goal for another small chunk of time - maybe a week or two? - and then I'll "reward" myself with a cup of coffee with a pump of syrup or going out with my husband for a scoop of frozen custard.  By breaking it into manageable pieces, "Stay away from sugar for two weeks", I encourage success, rather than cultivating failure by leaving it too open ended and vague, "Eat less sugar this year."

Well, my dears, it is time for me to get back on schedule, so I'll leave you with your Happy Monday prompt for today...

The next thing on my schedule today is...

And I'll see you on Saturday with our next Home Bless-A-Thon update!

Have a lovely week!

Tricia

No comments: