Good morning, friends! It has been frigid here this week and everyday my husband and I tell each other that it is only for a few more weeks... Spring must be on its way soon!! : )
Ready to look ahead to March? Here are a special dates to remember...
March 8th - Daylight Savings Begins! Don't forget to set your clock ahead one hour!
March 20th - First Day of Spring!! Think about celebrating the day with a special meal or family game night, complete with a favorite dessert. :)
March 29th - Holy Week Begins This solemn week ends in glorious hope, and often special services and family gatherings. Are you having family for Easter dinner? Plan ahead!
Now let's look at our calendars. Mark March's paydays as well as any scheduled appointments or deadlines and special days. Are there any birthdays this month? Do you need any cards or presents? Have you scheduled a special date with your husband? Mark that down now!! Be sure to schedule a day on your calendar early in the month to write all of your anniversary or birthday cards and/or wrap presents. Remember not to wait until the week of, if you can help it! Write a little "M" on the calendar a week or so before the special day, then make a note of the date and the card to mail on your Reminder Sheet. If you get them out on that day you may be early, but if you happen to forget or miss the mail, you'll still have a day or two before you'll be late!! : )
Now look ahead to April. Are there any special days that you will need to buy or make cards and/or presents? Make a note of them on your Monthly Reminder sheet so you can pick them up this month. You'll have everything all ready when Planning Day rolls around again! Don't forget that Easter falls on the first Sunday in April!
Now look ahead again, this time for the next three months, which will be the second quarter of the year.. Are there any appointments that you could make right now? Haircuts, Pet Grooming, Car Maintenance, Dental visits... even Date Night! Get them on the calendar now! Also mark down a time to have a QUARTERLY REVIEW & PLANNING SESSION sometime this month. I'll be reviewing my goals and plans and making new ones for the next three months. Watch for a post on this Mid-March!
Next we'll check our spending and savings goals. This is something I'm going to be studying and working on this month!! Make your goals and then track your spending through the month to see how you did!
Finally there are practical Purpose Statement goals...
1. What is your quiet time plan this month? What passages will you read? When? How often? Will you memorize any Scripture? Read a devotional book?
2. Which aspect of your character will you work on this month? Gratefulness? Trust? Replacing anger or irritation with patience and love? What verse could help you?
3. Which relationships will you focus in on this month? Will you make time to have coffee with a friend? Have a date with your husband or a special Mom and I time with a child? How about making a meal for someone or writing a letter to a relative or missionary?
4. How would you like to improve your home this month? Do you need to wash the bathroom walls? Or repaint them? Maybe you need a new throw rug, or to clean out a closet. Or even to remember to take out the recycling on the right day!
5. What projects head your list for the next month? Making a quilt? Trying a new recipe? Researching honeybees? What is the next step in each of those projects?
I'm always amazed at how much more I get done if I write it down. Often I don't complete it all in one day, but if I look over the list regularly I really want to complete them so I can check off the little boxes!! :)
PART II of the post today is a preview of the Monthly Home Blessings for March. We will be working in the kitchen this month. Here are some things we might need...
I'll see you back here Saturday with Week Nine of our Home Bless-A-Thon!