Here are some special dates to remember...
April 3rd - Good Friday
April 5th - Resurrection Sunday Do you have your meal planned?
Now let's look at our calendars. Mark April's paydays as well as any scheduled appointments or deadlines and special days. Are there any birthdays this month? Do you need any cards or presents? Have you scheduled a special date with your husband? Mark that down now!! Be sure to schedule a day on your calendar early in the month to write all of your anniversary or birthday cards and/or wrap presents. Remember not to wait until the week of, if you can help it! Write a little "M" on the calendar a week or so before the special day, then make a note of the date and the card to mail on your Reminder Sheet. If you get them out on that day you may be early, but if you happen to forget or miss the mail, you'll still have a day or two before you'll be late!! : )
Now look ahead to May. Are there any special days that you will need to buy or make cards and/or presents? Make a note of them on your Monthly Reminder sheet so you can pick them up this month. You'll have everything all ready when Planning Day rolls around again! Remember that Mother's Day is coming up!
Next we'll check our spending and savings goals. I'm still working on this one!! Make your goals and then track your spending through the month to see how you did!
Finally there are practical Purpose Statement goals...
1. What is your quiet time plan this month? What passages will you read? When? How often? Will you memorize any Scripture? Read a devotional book?
2. Which aspect of your character will you work on this month? Gratefulness? Trust? Replacing anger or irritation with patience and love? What verse could help you?
3. Which relationships will you focus in on this month? Will you make time to have coffee with a friend? Have a date with your husband or a special Mom and I time with a child? How about making a meal for someone or writing a letter to a relative or missionary?
4. How would you like to improve your home this month? Do you need to wash the bathroom walls? Or repaint them? Maybe you need a new throw rug, or to clean out a closet. Or even to remember to take out the recycling on the right day!
5. What projects head your list for the next month? Making a quilt? Trying a new recipe? Researching honeybees? What is the next step in each of those projects?
I'm always amazed at how much more I get done if I write it down. Often I don't complete it all in one day, but if I look over the list regularly I really want to complete them so I can check off the little boxes!! :)
PART II of the post today is a preview of the Monthly Home Blessings for April. We will be working in the Master Bedroom this month, and you'll want to be sure you have a furnace filter. : )
I'll see you back here Saturday with another installment of our Home Bless-A-Thon!