Monday, March 16, 2015

{The ABC's of Gratitude} Not "I"

Pride.  What a topic for a Happy Monday post!!  I certainly wish it is something that I would just outgrow, don't you??  But I'm afraid it grows more quickly than I do.  It may look like just a little shoot here and there in the garden of my life, but when you tug on it, you'll find that it has a network of roots underneath the soil that would threaten to rip up every other plant around it.  Sigh!  So what does this have to do with gratitude?  I am THANKFUL for a Master Gardener who can skillfully use the double-edged sword of the Word to point out and uproot those patches of pride in my life.  I am THANKFUL for the writers of decades old devotional books that show me that the best life is one lived for others through the power of Christ.  I am THANKFUL for the frequent, painfully necessary reminders to talk less about me, to listen more to others, to not try to outdo others, to not have to have the last word, to always be moderate in my wants and wishes, to spare others from unnecessary concern on my behalf... and the list goes on and on.  And I am THANKFUL that Christ conquered death and sin through His cross and resurrection so that I too can be made a child of God.  "Not by works of righteousness, but according to His mercy".

"Oh, that it may be no more "I" dear Lord, but Christ be seen in me."  

That is my Happy Monday prayer for all of us as we draw nearer to Holy Week and  all throughout the year.

May Christ be seen in you this week!

Blessings!

Tricia

Here's a Happy Monday prompt for today...
The first sign of spring is...

No comments: