Monday, March 2, 2015

{The A-B-C's of Gratitude} Giving

Good morning, friends!  Happy Monday!

Today in my ABC's of gratitude I am thankful for giving.  For God giving me His Son.  For my husband and children giving me their love.  For daily provisions like food and clothing.  For a warm house and an oven and a refrigerator.  For indoor plumbing.  For sloppy puppy dog kisses.  For restful cross stitch projects.  And the list goes on and on and on and on.

But all of that is GETTING.  And it isn't just enough for me to feel gratitude.  I need to show my gratitude also.  I'm really praying the the Lord will give me a loving heart that overflows into giving to others.  Doing the dishes with a song in my heart.  Saying a little prayer for my husband and children while folding and putting away their clothes.  Being kind when someone has hurt me.  Not adding to another's burden by complaining about my little hurts and ailments.  Being a peacemaker.  Looking for little ways to ease another's burden without being conspicuous or wishing for them to thank me.  Oh dear.  I fail so often in these areas!  But then I can be grateful again, that God has given us the Spirit of His Son to enable us as we keep following Him.  PRAISE THE LORD!

May each of us live a grateful life this week!

--ooOoo--

Here's your Happy Monday prompt...

Today, the sun is...

--ooOoo--

See you Wednesday!!

No comments: