Monday, April 13, 2015

{The A-B-C's of Gratitude} Kindness

Have you ever experienced an out of the blue act of kindness that took your breath away because it was so unexpected?  Like the gal in the car in front of you that paid for your meal at McDonald's?  Or the little gift that you received one day for no reason from your husband or friend?  It is so easy to overflow with gratitude at times like that, but often I find myself taking for granted all the little kindnesses that happen around me every day.  Have I stopped seeing them? Kindnesses from my Heavenly Father like a sweet spring rain to water the flowers... Kindnesses from my husband like working hard to provide for my needs... Kindnesses from my daughter like vacuuming and mopping so I won't hurt my shoulder.  There are so many things to be grateful for each day!!

Speaking of kindness, though, can be quite convicting...  Have I given the blessing of kindness to anyone today? Kindness just for the sake of Christ and not just to be thanked??

Could I have...

Spoken without irritation when someone was having a bad day and took it out on me?
Done something special for someone just to be a blessing to them?
Planned a surprise to brighten someone's day??

In gratitude for kindness received, let's see how much kindness we can give this week!  Let's start today!

Here's today's Happy Monday prompt...
When I woke up this morning...



No comments: