Wednesday, May 13, 2015

{Mastering Your Menus} Snacks



Merchandise Research: Snacks 

Good morning, friends! 

Today we’re going to talk about snacks. I’m positive that some of you go without snacking at all between meals, and I honor you! Somehow that has never become a habit at my house. Little people and big teenagers, hungry husbands - and even myself! - seem to look for something to munch on around 10:30 in the morning and 3:00 in the afternoon. The best thing to do, I’ve found, is to have a scheduled, thought through snack available. Whether it is cut up vegetables, a piece of fruit, some cheese and crackers, a piece of cinnamon toast, or perhaps a fruit snack or some cookies and milk, it makes my day so much easier when I know what to say when I get the, “Mom, I’m hungry!” plea.

Your challenge for today is to list out a number of acceptable snack ideas for your family. Remember to include ideas for the football games or other sporting events that your husbands and sons may watch. Those seem to be the times that I forget about!

Here are a few ideas…

Portion out chips and snacks into snack size baggies, rather than eating out of the bag.

Prep a covered relish tray of vegetables and keep it in your fridge.  Maybe with a bottle of ranch dressing to use as a dip.

Fill a storage bag with oranges cut into wedges, or bunches of grapes and keep in the fridge.  Clementines (they go by other names like mandarins and Cuties) are wonderful snack sized fruits as well.

Make your own granola or trail mix for a healthier snack option!


See you again soon!

Blessings!

Tricia




No comments: