Here are some special dates to remember as we look to next month...
June 14th - Flag Day - Our town leaves up a row of flags from Memorial Day through Independence Day. So pretty and patriotic!!
June 21st - Father's Day - Will you need any gas for your grill or any special food for the day? What about a card or present for your Dad or husband?
Do you know any June brides? A present of the Beautiful Life Management System Starter Set would be a thoughtful gift!
Ready to look at our calendars? First, let's mark June's paydays as well as any scheduled appointments or deadlines, as well as any special days. Are there any birthdays this month? Do you need any cards or presents? Have you scheduled a special date with your husband? Mark that down now!! Be sure to schedule a day on your calendar early in the month to write all of your anniversary or birthday cards and/or wrap presents. Remember not to wait until the week of, if you can help it! Write a little "M" on the calendar a week or so before the special day, then make a note of the date and the card to mail on your Reminder Sheet. If you get them out on that day you may be early, but if you happen to forget or miss the mail, you'll still have a day or two before you'll be late!! : )
Now look ahead to July. Are there any special days that you will need to buy or make cards and/or presents - especially early in the month? Make a note of them on your Monthly Reminder sheet so you can pick them up when you are out and about this month. You'll have everything all ready when Planning Day rolls around again!
Next we'll check our spending and saving goals. Be sure your goals are measurable and then track your spending through the month to see how you did!
Finally there are practical Purpose Statement goals...
1. What is your quiet time plan this month? What passages will you read? When? How often? Will you memorize any Scripture? Read a devotional book?
2. Which aspect of your character will you work on this month? Gratefulness? Trust? Replacing anger or irritation with patience and love? What verse could help you?
3. Which relationships will you focus in on this month? Will you make time to have coffee with a friend? Have a date with your husband or a special Mom and I time with a child? How about making a meal for someone or writing a letter to a relative or missionary?
4. How would you like to improve your home this month? Do you need to wash the bathroom walls? Or repaint them? Maybe you need a new throw rug, or to clean out a closet. Or even to remember to take out the recycling on the right day!
5. What projects head your list for the next month? Making a quilt? Trying a new recipe? Researching honeybees? What is the next step in each of those projects?
I'm always amazed at how much more I get done if I write it down. Often I don't complete it all in one day, but if I look over the list regularly I really want to complete them so I can check off the little boxes!! :)
PART II of the post today is a preview of the Monthly Home Blessings for June. Our focus for the month will be any extra bedrooms. Don't forget to recruit your children (if they are old enough) to work on their own rooms. Set a timer and race through the day's special task, then, after checking to be sure it is satisfactorily completed, make a fun summer treat like Muddy Buddies, or an ice cream bar.
You might want to check your supply of...
Microfiber cleaning cloths
Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here Saturday with another installment of our Home Bless-A-Thon!