Good morning, friends! It's time to look ahead to July! Are you a Christmas in July person? It would be a great month to take family pictures for your Christmas cards, start your Holiday Planner, and pick up a few Christmas gifts!
Don't forget this month's special day!
July 4th - Independence Day - Time for a family cookout followed by a fireworks display!
OK, are we ready to look at our calendars? First, let's mark July's paydays as well as any scheduled appointments or deadlines, as well as any special days. Are there any birthdays this month? Do you need any cards or presents? Have you scheduled a special date with your husband? Mark that down now!!
Now look ahead to August. Are there any special days that you will need to buy or make cards and/or presents - especially early in the month? Make a note of them on your Monthly Reminder sheet so you can pick them up when you are out and about this month. You'll have everything all ready when Planning Day rolls around again!
Next we'll check our spending and saving goals. Be sure your goals are measurable and then track your spending through the month to see how you did!
Finally there are practical Purpose Statement goals...
1. What is your quiet time plan this month? What passages will you read? When? How often? Will you memorize any Scripture? Read a devotional book?
2. Which aspect of your character will you work on this month? Gratefulness? Trust? Replacing anger or irritation with patience and love? What verse could help you?
3. Which relationships will you focus in on this month? Will you make time to have coffee with a friend? Have a date with your husband or a special Mom and I time with a child? How about making a meal for someone or writing a letter to a relative or missionary?
4. How would you like to improve your home this month? Do you need to wash the bathroom walls? Or repaint them? Maybe you need a new throw rug, or to clean out a closet. Or even to remember to take out the recycling on the right day!
5. What projects head your list for the next month? Making a quilt? Trying a new recipe? Researching honeybees? What is the next step in each of those projects?
I'm always amazed at how much more I get done if I write it down. Often I don't complete it all in one day, but if I look over the list regularly I really want to complete them so I can check off the little boxes!! :)
PART II of the post today is a preview of the Monthly Home Blessings for July. Our focus for the month will be our Craft Area. This could be quite a job for some of us!!
You'll need your regular cleaning supplies, of course, and you might want to consider some organizational tools as well! Also, check to be sure you have a furnace filter available, so we can change them this month.
Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here Saturday with another installment of our Home Bless-A-Thon!