Good morning, friends! My husband and I were taking a walk last night and I noticed that the Monarch butterflies were flitting about. That and the trill of the red-winged blackbirds always signal the end of summer and the start of school to me. Are you gearing up for school this fall? Don't forget our fun planner line for the young people in your life and our line of homeschooling and/or student planner pages!
Now, on to our monthly planning!
Ready to look at our calendars? First, let's mark August's paydays, any scheduled appointments and any special days. Are there any birthdays this month? Do you need any cards or presents? Have you scheduled a special date with your husband? Mark that down as well!!
Now look ahead to September. Are there any special days that you will need to buy or make cards and/or presents - especially early in the month? Make a note of them on your Monthly Reminder sheet so you can pick them up when you are out and about this month. You'll have everything all ready when Planning Day rolls around again! Don't forget Labor Day weekend comes early in September. Will you be having a cookout? Pick up a few ingredients in each of your shopping trips this month so you'll be all ready.
Now let's check our spending and saving goals. Have you set aside any money for Christmas presents so you don't have to put them on your credit card at the end of the year? If you are planning on shopping the sales during Thanksgiving weekend, you might want to start planning for them now!
Then there are our practical Purpose Statement goals...
1. What is your quiet time plan this month? What passages will you read? When? How often? Will you memorize any Scripture? Read a devotional book?
2. Which aspect of your character will you work on this month? Gratefulness? Trust? Replacing anger or irritation with patience and love? Are there verses that could help you?
3. Which relationships will you focus in on this month? Will you make time to have coffee with a friend? Have a date with your husband or a special Mom and I time with a child? How about making a meal for someone or writing a letter to a relative or missionary?
4. How would you like to improve your home this month? Do you need to wash the bathroom walls? Or repaint them? Maybe you need a new throw rug, or to clean out a closet. Or even to remember to take out the recycling on the right day!
5. What projects head your list for the next month? Making a quilt? Trying a new recipe? Researching honeybees? What is the next step in each of those projects?
I'm always amazed at how much more I get done if I write it down. Often I don't complete it all in one day, but if I look over the list regularly I really want to complete them so I can check off the little boxes!! :)
PART II of the post today is a preview of the Monthly Home Blessings for August. Our focus for the month will be our Office Area. Whether that is a portable office in a bag or a whole room, let's straighten and declutter it in August!
You'll need your regular cleaning supplies, of course, and you might want to consider some organizational tools as well!
Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here Saturday with another installment of our Home Bless-A-Thon!