Ready to look at our calendars? First, let's mark September's paydays, any scheduled appointments and any special days. Are there any birthdays this month? Do you need any cards or presents? Have you scheduled a special date with your husband? Mark that down as well!!
Now look ahead to next month. Are there any special days that you will need to buy or make cards and/or presents - especially early in the month? Make a note of them on your Monthly Reminder sheet so you can pick them up when you are out and about this month. You'll have everything all ready when Planning Day rolls around again! Don't forget any special school days that might require you to provide treats!
Now let's check our spending and saving goals. My husband and I are sitting down for our monthly budget meeting tonight. It's always entertaining, and it is so good for us to connect on our goals over the next month!
Then there are our practical Purpose Statement goals...
1. What is your quiet time plan this month? What passages will you read? When? How often? Will you memorize any Scripture? Read a devotional book?
2. Which aspect of your character will you work on this month? Gratefulness? Trust? Replacing anger or irritation with patience and love? Are there verses that could help you?
3. Which relationships will you focus in on this month? Will you make time to have coffee with a friend? Have a date with your husband or a special Mom and I time with a child? How about making a meal for someone or writing a letter to a relative or missionary?
4. How would you like to improve your home this month? Do you need to wash the bathroom walls? Or repaint them? Maybe you need a new throw rug, or to clean out a closet. Or even to remember to take out the recycling on the right day!
5. What projects head your list for the next month? Making a quilt? Trying a new recipe? Researching honeybees? What is the next step in each of those projects?
I'm always amazed at how much more I get done if I write it down. Often I don't complete it all in one day, but if I look over the list regularly I really want to complete them so I can check off the little boxes!! :)