Monday, October 5, 2015

{ABC's of Gratitude} Righteousness

I was browsing some of my stamping blogs this morning and I came across some cards made with adorable winter animals, and being as I like adorable winter animals I stopped to look at them more closely.  Under the animal on the first card there were two checkboxes.  You could check either something to the effect of... "I've been good this year", or, "I'll buy my own presents.", obviously with Santa in mind.   Under the animal on the other card it said "I've been naughty and it was worth it."

I've been thinking a lot about righteousness lately and how we who claim to be Christians don't seem to long for it anymore.  Rather than striving after holiness in our lives, being "good" is a description we now try to avoid.  Rather than denying ourselves and serving others, we often choose to do our own thing, enjoy a little bit of "freedom",  and maybe even be a little "naughty".  Then we brush it off by saying - "Well, being good isn't really that important.  God loves me anyway!  I'll just buy my own presents this time," as if we think that God is only as real as Santa Claus.  We act as though we really take care of ourselves, so we may as well have some fun along the way.  Oh dear.  How am I at realizing who God is?  The King of the Kings - the Lord of Lords - Above anything on earth that I would consider worthy of honor.  True, perfect, holy.  How am at pursuing what is good? At wanting what God wants for me rather than choosing to go my own way and be a little "naughty" - as though it is something sort of cute?  Am I living my life in such a way that I would be comfortable in Heaven, where all will be pure and holy and good and righteous?  Is that what I am longing for??  I am so thankful for the gift of God's righteousness through his death and mighty resurrection. - his grace in giving us His Spirit which we don't deserve and could never earn  Let's show Him our gratitude by choosing to live by the Spirit and follow after things that will please Him this week!!

--ooOoo--

Your Happy Monday prompt for today...

I can model righteousness in my homemaking by...

No comments: