Monday, October 26, 2015

{ABC's of Gratitude} Trust


Trust and rest when all around thee
Puts thy faith to sorest test.
Let no fear or foe surround thee.
Wait for God and trust and rest.

Trust and rest with hearts abiding
Like a birdling in its nest
Underneath His feathers hiding,
Fold thy wings and trust and rest.

                                                                        -- author unknown

I know that I've shared this little poem before, but it has been such a blessing to me that I wanted to share it again, mostly because I need to hear it right now.  So many things have changed in my life since my husband's surgery.  Most of them are overwhelmingly good and, it seems strange, but I almost feel like I shouldn't expect anything else good from the Lord for awhile, because we've used up our quotient.  I feel like I am bracing instead for some great trial, and I find myself fighting the fear of the future, rather than resting and trusting.  But then I'm pointed to this verse...

 "The very hairs of your head are numbered, fear ye not therefore.  Ye are of more value than many sparrows."

Isn't that a precious reminder?  Fear not.  Rest. Trust.  You are of value and He will not let you drop.

I am so thankful!

--ooOoo--

A Happy Monday prompt today:  A person that I value is...

No comments: