Hello Friends! I hope that you had a blessed Christmas celebrating the birth of our Lord! During this last week of the year, I look forward to doing a lot of thinking, reassessing and planning.
Let's start with our WEEKLY REVIEW !
1. Read through the goals we've set for the month/quarter/year and then make some notes of things we would like to be reminded of this coming week.
2. Transfer any appointments or special reminders on the monthly calendar to our weekly pages.
3. Bring forward any unfinished to do's to a new "To Do This Week" list.
4. Look through our menus for the upcoming week and jot down when to take out meat, make things ahead, etc.
5. Remind ourselves of our saving and spending goals.
5. Schedule time to work on this week's Monthly Home Blessings.
MONTHLY HOME BLESSINGS
As we close out the year, let's spend some time assessing our year and re-estabilishing our priorities.
* Reread Planning to be a Blessing.
* Update our Life Purpose Statement.
* Make a list of goals and projects for the new year.
TIP: Be sure that the goal you list are measurable. For example "Lose 5 pounds" is a better goal than "Lose weight". It's discouraging to have a goal that you never know if you have reached! Make a list of things that will help you reach that goal and put the list in your planner with your purpose statement so you can review it every month. If there is a new habit that will help you reach that goal, (for example, to stop drinking soda or to not take "seconds" at meals) start a Mountains of Success page to help you along. I actually have one up on my refrigerator right now that is tracking my exercise, as well as my sugar and coffee intake!
* Plan forward for January and make a rough outline for January, February, and March.
* Establish some savings and spending goals. Update your recordkeeping, if necessary!
Above all, my prayer for each of us in this coming year is that we will "grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. To Him be glory, both now and forever. Amen."
I'll see you back here next year!
** SHIPPING REMINDER ** We will resume shipping Monday, January 4th. Remember that orders of $10 or more placed this week will receive a free magnetic yearly calendar! Be sure to grab yours! Mine is on the fridge next to my Mountains of Success page... : )