Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The 28 Day Challenge - Day Eight - Increasing Wealth

Just joining me?  I'm currently taking GraceWorks' Beautiful Life Management 28 Day Challenge.  Read about my accomplishments, failures and adventures here!   Scroll to the end of the post to find the links of the series from the beginning. : )


Happy Tuesday!

How did your day go yesterday?  I had a relatively uneventful day, and got everything done.  YAY!!  I also started to work on a personal budget from now until the end of the year.  I realized the other day that for the first time in years I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet.  Instead, as I've struggled with some anxiety issues since my husband's surgery, I've been more apt to spend money on myself.  But I read a verse the other morning that said "Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth."  And, after I thought about it for awhile, I applied it to myself like this.  

"Am I spending this money to increase my {happiness, collection, wealth, etc...} 
or is it something that I need or will benefit someone else?" 

and 

"Am I decreasing my husband's wealth by buying an item that I have enough of for the time being?"

Sooo... I'm going to go through my list with those thoughts in mind today and see how I can "increase my husband's wealth" for the rest of the year.  He works so hard to let me stay at home, it is really the least I can do for him!! : )

Talk to you all tomorrow!

Blessings!

Tricia


Would you like to start the 28 Day Challenge in Real Life series from the beginning??

Find the Intro post HERE
Find Day One HERE
Find Day Two HERE
Find Day Three HERE
Find Day Four HERE
Find Day Five HERE
Find Day Six HERE
Find Day Seven HERE

No comments: