Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The 28 Day Challenge - Day One Complete!



Whew!  I made it through Day One!  Dishes done and everything!!  WooHoo!

And doesn't this look like a happier thing to wake up to than yesterday's dirty shelves???


And yes, my sink could use a good shine, but that will come in time! : )

I decided to go with the Semi-Dated Beautiful Life Management pages because I like having just one day's work on the page.  Plus I personally need the little hourly schedule part on the right.  I usually take the morning and work through my First Things and then any "urgents" on my list.  But when I've gotten everyone back to work after lunch, I count up my remaining hours and schedule them, trying to find a slot for as many of the other things on my list as I can.  I'll try to do a post on that sometime during the challenge.


An area that is on both the semi-dated and regular BLM (Beautiful Life Management) sheets that I found especially useful yesterday is the Today's Events section... 


(Sorry for the picture, the lighting was terrible!  These pages are actually white, like you see above...)

I needed to be out of the house twice yesterday.  Once to give piano lessons and then again to pick up my husband from work and go to the chiropractor.  I love that I can jot down the things I need to bring and the time I need to leave.  I don't like to be late, but I often miscalculate my time if I don't write it down!  If you look to the right of the events, you can see just a tidbit of my afternoon schedule.  I find that if I'm out of the house and I don't have a plan for what I need to do when I get back, I lose my momentum and do nothing.  My schedule definitely helped me stay on track yesterday!  Well, that ,and knowing that I had to check in here.  Accountability is wonderful!! : )

Well, I'd better get back to work!  Feel free to email me for the challenge booklet if you'd like to join in!!

Blessings!

Tricia 




No comments: