Wednesday, August 17, 2016

The 28 Day Challenge - Day Two... Sabotaged!

Just joining me?

Find the Intro post HERE
Find Day One HERE

Good morning, friends!  Want to know how my Day Two of the 28 Day Challenge went??? 


I started strong because both my husband and I woke up around 5:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep, so by mid-morning most of my list was complete. Bed made, breakfast eaten, bathroom sparkling, kitchen counters cleared, blog post written, dogs fed and taken outside, dusting done, laundry started... I even had my quiet time!  I spent time at my desk after that, adding things to my Keeping in Mind sheet or Wednesday's BLM page as they crossed my mind.



After lunch, I split my time between some projects I am working on.  I stamped a card to include with an order, printed out some business cards for the GraceWorks table at a homeschool get-together next week, and worked on my cross stitch project - a very large picture of the Nativity.  Here's my progress as of about 10 days ago...


Then I was sabotaged!!  LOL!!

My husband came home from work and wanted to run to Menards for some landscape edging.  It doesn't sound like much, does it?  But we left at 6:00 and got home at 10:00 and ate out.  I have multiple food intolerances, so eating out usually gets me into trouble of some sort or another.  Last night wasn't too bad, only it made me extreeeeemely fatigued, so when we got home all I could do was fall into bed and go to sleep.  Which meant that I left clean dishes in the sink, a load of laundry in the washer that I had forgotten to flip before we left and this load from the dryer unfolded.


But, you know what?  It isn't a big deal.  And I wouldn't trade getting the "points" for getting everything done, for the time I got to spend with my Dearly Beloved last night, even if I didn't feel great at the end of it.  After his brain surgery last year, realizing that it was only by God's grace that he didn't die before they found the problem, time together is precious and we take as much of it as possible!!

So... here starts Day Three.  I'm a little behind and a little sluggish, but so thankful and so blessed!!

Thanks for the encouragement!  And, remember, if you join in the challenge with me, you can certainly send me the daily emails so I can keep track of your points!!  

Blessings!

Tricia




No comments: