Monday, September 12, 2016

28 Day Challenge - The End

Just joining me?  I'm currently taking GraceWorks' Beautiful Life Management 28 Day Challenge.  Read about my accomplishments, failures and adventures here!   Scroll to the end of the post to find the links of the series from the beginning. : )


Well here I am with my last installment of my 28 Day Challenge.  First a little recap of Friday through Sunday...

Friday was another "12 Things" day, with one of those things being to take our dog to the vet for his rabies shot.  Kolar is a schnoodle (mini schnauzer/mini poodle) - my daughter's birthday present thirteen and a half years ago.  Here's a picture of him a few years back...



Well, we came back from vet with the news that we need to put him down - sooner rather than later.  He has a tumor in his mouth and is in a lot of pain.  The vet was so sweet.  She cried right along with us, gave us pain meds for Kolar and said she'd talk to us sometime this week.

The "12 Things" list was really good for that situation.  I still completed most of it, barring folding a load of clothes, but since it was mixed - big and small things - I did the things I could process and then did some more, just because "I can do 12 things."

Saturday I spoke at a bridal shower. At 12:30 Paul asked what time I'd be done... "Let me look, it starts at 2:30 and goes til... OH NO! It starts at 1:30 and I haven't taken a shower yet!!" I took a quick shower, got my hair blown dry and curled, got my Bible and notes and glasses in a pile (couldn't forget those - can you imagine??) and the phone rang. It was the vet to talk to me about putting down our dog. Talked to her for 10 minutes... crying... then had to leave immediately to get to the shower. The shower was so sweet - friends that I hadn't seen for years and years - and I just loved the bride-to-be... soon to be daughter-in-law of one of my very best friends. Soooooo ... it's time to speak and I gathered all my notes and reached for my glasses, and they weren't there. ACCCKKKK!!!! Thankfully I had written out even the verses I was speaking from in my notes and they were just large enough and I had gone through them enough that I could see them, and it gave the perfect "ice breaker" story to start out!!

Saturday afternoon my sweet husband took me to the orchard to get fresh caramel apples.  Mmmmm.  That was a nice break.

Sunday morning I woke up exhausted - face swollen, throat swollen. No idea what I got into - possibly it was from touching the morphine the dog is on - but I texted the other pianist for church and asked her to play and I stayed home to rest.  

Around 5:30 I started to feel better, so I finished my 28 Days by making my Monday list, doing the dishes and eating supper.

What a journey this 28 Days has been!  God has taught me so much and it looks like I have more to learn.  I'm so thankful that He takes that much trouble for me!!  I am excited to find that a new approach to planning my day right now is very helpful for me.  I am going to experiment more with the "12 Things" and refine it, but so far it has been a blessing. 

Thank you - each of you - for participating and/or reading along each day.  Your words of encouragement have been such a blessing to me, and I hope that you have seen growth in your home management skills through our journey together.  I've heard lots of ideas for blog posts, so we will see what fits into my 12 Things... : )

Blessings, sweet friends!

Til next time,

Tricia


Find the Intro post HERE
Find Day One HERE
Find Day Two HERE
Find Day Three HERE
Find Day Four HERE
Find Day Five HERE
Find Day Six HERE
Find Day Seven HERE
Find Day Eight HERE
Find Day Nine and Ten HERE
Find Days Eleven and Twelve HERE
Find Days Thirteen and Fourteen HERE
Find Day Fifteen HERE
Find Day Sixteen HERE
Find Day Seventeen HERE
Find Day Eighteen through Twenty-one HERE
Find Day Twenty-two and Twenty-three HERE
Find Day Twenty-four HERE
Find Day Twenty-five HERE

No comments: