Monday, November 14, 2016

Do you Feel Inadequate?

Have you ever felt inadequate?  As though everyone in the world is better at organization, or self-discipline, or patience, or being a good mom, or homeschooling, or blogging, or... you fill in the blank?

During my quiet time yesterday I was reading about the feeding of the 5,000.  The disciples and the Lord Jesus had gone away into the desert to rest, but people persisted in following them so they could listen to the Lord and be healed by him.  How tired they all must have been!  Finally, when the disciples asked Jesus to send the crowd away so they could get something to eat, He instead said, "You give them something to eat."  I can only imagine their feelings.  They were tired.  They had had a long day.  And surely Jesus knew that they didn't have enough to feed themselves - not to mention 5,000 or so others!

And, yes, Christ did know.  He knew that they could give the people nothing if He did not provide it.  But he used the little they had to give, and then He blessed it and multiplied it beyond measure.

So often I have found myself saying, "Lord, what can I do?  I don't have anything to give that countless others haven't given already - and better!"  But in this story the Lord said to me, "Just give me the little bit that you do have, and I will bless it and give it back to you to share with others."

What "little bit" do you have that seems inadequate for the present need?  I pray that we will each give it back to Him freely and trust Him for the rest!

***

Blessings!

Tricia

PS - Don't forget that the Classic Home Journal set and refills are on sale, as well as a number of pages in the Whimsical Line!  And I'll be back in a few days with an update to an old favorite.  See you then!

No comments: