Monday, February 20, 2017

Getting My Ducks in a Row

It's Monday again, and it is a Monday that I didn't start with a plan, which is never a good idea for me. Yesterday was busy with a carry in dinner after church and a question and answer time for a new pastor after that.  Then, with another service in the evening and preparing my husband something to eat when we got home, well, I just didn't get my list made for this week. Add that to the fact that today feels like a holiday because there is no mail today and you will find me in my present state of not being able to put all my "ducks in a row" because they aren't even in the same pond!

It's time to go duck-gathering!

First, I'll make an off my mind and onto paper list, just to capture all my "ducks".
Next, I'll transfer any tasks with concrete dates to my calendar.
Then, I'll assign tasks to each day of this week.  I'll also make a "Not now, but soon" list for things I don't think I can get to in the next few days.
Finally, I'll see how many hours are left in my day today and see what I can get done.  I did blitz the house quickly this morning, but I want to be sure to put a roast in the oven for supper and also have the dishes done and kitchen in order when my husband comes home tonight.  If I can work through each step of this list, I should be back on track tomorrow morning.  YAY!!!

It may seem like such a little thing to some of you - but planning to me is hard work and requires lots of thinking.  Organizing my thoughts can be an all day affair sometimes, especially since I haven't been especially careful with my diet these last few days.  On days like today catching my thoughts can feel like trying to pick up water with a fork!!  So - off I go!  I am thankful to know the next step.  Now I need to do it!!

Happy duck-gathering!

Tricia


No comments: