Wednesday, August 9, 2017

A Year of Hope: Two Steps Forward...

...And one step back.  That seems to be my reality right now.  While I want to be all better - because I honestly do feel so much better! - the reality is that this is going to be a journey and that I need to be patient.  And gentle with myself.  And not get discouraged.  And be willing to rest.  I pretty much overloaded my system, both emotionally and physically, last week during Bible School, and now I need to rest and recover.  There is a quote I heard when listening to the Beautiful Life Management CD's the other day that went something like this...

"Any form of stress that prompts discomfort has the potential to expand our capacity - physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually - so long as it is followed by adequate recovery."
-- The Power of Full Engagement

It is good for me to remember this.  It isn't that I shouldn't have pushed myself last week.  It was a challenge, and I did MUCH BETTER than I did last year.  What I do need to remember, though, is that I now need a period of recovery.  And that isn't a bad thing.  And I haven't failed. And God will still love me even though I need to rest.  And I can enjoy my rest period and not feel guilty about it - like I am a second class person because I am taking time to relax, rather than being able to go and go and go like "everyone else" seems to be able to do.

So, how am I doing on my Hope Journal this week?  I'm not.  I'm concentrating on getting the dishes done, and making the bed, and getting up early to pack snacks and lunches for my husband.  I'm working on getting GraceWorks orders printed and out and I'm hoping to make a few birthday cards.  And in between I'm napping and resting and today I plan to settle down and cross stitch.  And, in a few days, when I feel like I am ready for another sprint, I'll pull out my Hope Journal and we will start again fresh, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if I have just a bit more endurance than I used to.  That, my friends, is a victory.

I'd like to leave you with a quote from my friend, Jenny of Elefantz, that really spoke to me the other day...

"Be completely where you are, and leave tomorrow 
for another day."

Thank you so much for the blessing that you are to me!!  I thank God for you!

Tricia


No comments: